Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not find the answer to your question here, please visit the Contact page for our email and phone number.
How do I fly to the Amazon?
TAM Airlines has put on New Direct, non-stop flights between Miami and Manaus on a comfortable Airbus A320 aircraft. HighRoller Adventures, LLC will send clients to the River Plate Outfitters or Explorer, and the brand new Amazon Nemo on TAM departing from Miami, arriving in Manaus the next morning. Clients will then return on TAM departing Manaus around noon, arriving in Miami early evening. This schedule will be perfect for the peacock bass anglers allowing for 6 full days of fishing.
- Two long-sleeved tropical shirts*
- Two short-sleeved tropical shirts
- Three tropical weight pants/shorts
- Sneakers or deck shoes
- Casual travel clothes
- Long-billed hat
- Polarized Sunglasses (spare pair too!)
- Lightweight raincoat
- Fishing Gloves/Sun Gloves (fingerless)
- Sunscreen (SPF 30-50)
- Lip Balm/Chapstick
- Water resistant insect repellent
- Small flashlight
- Camera & batteries
- Spare film or lots of memory cards!!!
- Waterproof pack or gear bag to take on the boat each day
- *Daily laundry service is provided at no extra charge.
Do I need a Visa to travel to Brazil?
All tourists traveling from the U.S. to Brazil must have a valid Passport and Brazilian Visa.
How do I obtain my Visa?
We will help you through the whole process.
Are there any vacinations that are reccomended for traveling to the Amazon?
The Centers for Disease Control recommend Yellow Fever Vaccination and Malaria prophylaxis. Please consult your physician.
Is gratuity required for the tour guides?
Gratuities for guides and staff are at the client's discretion. If you receive excellent service, a total tip of $350-400 per angler/per week would be appropriate but certainly not required.